The Project has three key aims in its work with parents:
- to reduce parents sense of stress and isolation
- to enable parents to participate fully in the court process
- to promote positive, lasting change
In order to achieve these aims parents select from a range of service options to devise an individual package of support. The Project is managed by a qualified Children and Families Social Worker with over fifteen years experience of working with families both in the courts and in the community.
We accept referrals from solicitors, social workers and self referrals from parents. Contact us
Parents can select the support that they wish to receive from the following activities/services:
- Explaining the court process to parents
- Attending court hearings and key meetings (case conferences, core groups) with parents.
- Acting as an advocate for parents in meetings and as an intermediary between parents, social workers and solicitors as required.
- Accompanying parents to the first and follow up meetings with specialist services i.e. drugs/alcohol, mental health, domestic violence, psychological assessments.
- Meeting each parent a minimum of once a fortnight in the community to provide the emotional and practical support they require.
- Providing ongoing prayer support throughout proceedings
- Linking parents in to relevant community groups to promote the development of positive support networks
The Haven Project is a Christian organisation. A combination of practical, emotional and spiritual support is offered as we believe all three elements are beneficial for parents. All elements of the service are optional and parents can choose the support combination they feel best suits their needs.
At the conclusion of proceedings, if children do not return home, a further period of support (up to 12 months) will be offered at the parents request.
If you would like any further information about Haven Project Liverpool and the services we offer please contact us.
(0151) 345 0410Haven Project Liverpool,
P.O. Box 86,